Emergency Transfer Switch
While Community Electric Cooperative strives to maintain a high level of service reliability, adverse weather conditions and other forces of nature can cause power outages which are beyond the cooperative's control. To aid cooperative members in coping with these situations, Community Electric Cooperative offers the GenerLink emergency transfer switch. The GenerLink™ switch provides a quick, easy, and safe way for cooperative members to connect a portable generator to their home's electrical system. The GenerLink switch:
- Is installed behind the consumer's electric meter and requires no rewiring of the consumer's electrical system.
- Includes a unique interlocking power cord for connection of the portable generator.
- Eliminates the use of external cords and other connections that can be hazardous to consumers and cooperative personnel.
- Detects when the generator is operating and automatically disconnects from the cooperative's distribution system, eliminating a dangerous back feed.
- Provides the flexibility to run virtually any appliance, up to the capacity of the generator, by simply energizing appliances from the breaker panel
The GenerLink emergency transfer switch is available for installation on single phase services with a 200 amp or smaller meter base. A $50 connection fee and 36 month lease agreement at $12.75 per month are required.